Monday, April 19, 2010

A Weekend Full of Giving Back

It was a beautiful weekend in the Mid Atlantic! I had the opportunity to go to an event on Friday night where my friend sells many of her unique finds (purses, jewelry, etc.) and a portion of the sales go to a worthy cause. This time the proceeds went to breast cancer research. Previously, she held her events from her home, but now has a storefront at a salon. I met many interesting women while shopping and even got pampered with a manicure. It's always great to see friends, find some great gifts to benefit a cause and get pampered!

On Saturday, I had a SO client in the morning and then went down to the ARC in Annapolis - to help clean up the garden with the Chesapeake Outdoor Group. What a wonderful cause and it just energized me to help out this group to make the ARC's area even more beautiful. The bonus was catching up with friends from high school - some I hadn't seen in many years! We continued hanging out in Annapolis afterwards and really had a wonderful time. I would certainly like to continue to be involved in their work in months to come!

After I got home late in the afternoon, Nick & I went out to dinner to a new restaurant in the area, Facci. We had the honor of meeting the Chef/Owner, Gino (who is from Naples, just like the Bracaglia's) and the wonderful manager, Lisa. She's from NJ, (like Nick) and is Italian, so you can just imagine how well they hit it off. We'll be returning again, as the food is excellent and worth the trip!

Sunday, we stayed busy working in the yard and got oh-so-much done. It's really shaping up with all of our hard work! On another Simply Organized front - my fans over at the Facebook fan page helped me to get the word out and to achieve the goal of (200) followers this weekend!! We're now at (202) as I write this blog. I'm so excited and very thankful for everyone who is helping me grow! I have a great week ahead with lots of SO work to do, but happy to be doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment