Thursday, June 30, 2011

SUCH an inspiring weekend!

One of my clients for Simply Organized is a women's sporting events company, and this past weekend, I had the pleasure of traveling up north to go to one of their amazing tournaments!

One thing that I got to experience over the weekend was a "Locks of Love" event ... and while I know I use the word "inspiring" pretty often, this particular part of the event truly inspired me! To see these very young girls cut off (10) inches of their hair to donate to Locks of Love, really brought tears to my eyes. Many of their parents told me the background stories of why they were donating ~ some because either they had been touched by cancer or someone they knew had been affected. The very first girl to sit in the chair to cut her hair was only (6) years old ... AMAZING! One of the girls was traveling from the West Coast, and after getting the ok from her mom & dad, her entire team surrounded her to support the cause. WOW ~ I was just truly blown away!

It was a weekend I will never forget, for many reasons, but I do know that the images of Locks of Love & the inspiration that came from seeing that part of the event will stay with me forever.

2 comments:

  1. What an inspiration these girls and young women are! Congratulations to them for their dedication and commitment! They are true role models!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter has a girlfriend who shaved her head (and oh my she has the most beautiful hair!) for St Baludus which works with children with cancer. Both of these programs are truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete