Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspiring Doodle Challenge


Recently, I accepted the "30-Day Doodle Challenge" on the melissaAnne Facebook Page. I never think of myself as artistic, although I can be creative, I wasn't quite sure what to make of this challenge. But, with my usual excitement, I joined it to help my artistic juices flowing. I'm currently working on a collaborative book project and I was hoping that it would help me to continue on the writing journey.

Is it working? I think so! I am having such a fun time spending about five to ten minutes each morning coming up with a Doodle to start the day! It kind of makes me feel like a child again too, just opening up the markers & crayons and taking them to a plain white piece of paper and creating a picture without really thinking too much.

I tend to be a bit critical of my "artistic" work, but this is really helping me to be less of a perfectionist and just letting it all FLOW.

On the Simply Organized horizon, consulting work continues to keep me busy & I've been working with clients that I truly enjoy - some who are working on new projects in their home & offices and others who are just starting something new. Have I told you lately how much I LOVE my job?!

No comments:

Post a Comment